Thursday, June 12, 2014

Apple never ceases to amaze me with their applications for tablets. I found today's session very meaningful because of all of the resources I became aware of. Admittedly I downloaded quite a few apps on my phone as Dr. Dunn was sharing them. Sessions like today are what many teachers need. There is a wide world of technology at teachers' fingertips but rarely any professional development on the use of technology for instruction. My school is one of the fortunate exceptions, however.

New Albany Elementary has instructional coaches in the areas of math, literacy, and technology. Because technology was eliminated as a special class and replaced by Mandarin Chinese (completely different and long story), the administration at New Albany decided to create instructional coaches for technology. Our coach provides frequent trainings and information sessions on the use of tablets in school. These meetings are hands-on just like class today and are very useful. The coach has also created web forms for sharing of activities and resources created by teachers. Since the creation of a technology coach position the use of technology in the classroom greatly increased. I know most schools don't have the resources to afford a technology coach, but I highly recommend one.

I am feeling good about my prospectus assignment for this class. The framework is easy to follow and the literature review has prepared me with the content for the bulk of the assignment. I have a good understanding of developing the methodology for the prospectus and appreciate then practice before I take EDUC 919 next week.

Thank you for everything Dr. Dunn! I have thoroughly enjoyed the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment